We are an independent exchange at the heart of Europe’s financial markets, close to local ecosystems and connecting market participants globally.
Driven by expertise. Empowering people.
Collaborative dialogue to develop our strategy. All our employees are invited to participate in the development of our corporate strategic plan through surveys, workshops and discussion forums. Your say counts!
Client centric approach. Delivering excellent customer experience and value is paramount at Euronext. Our Client Centricity Champions work within all teams across the company to ensure this is at the heart of everything we do.
Employee-defined corporate values. Our people chose our company values based on what matters to them most and we live them every day…. Unity, Integrity, Agility, Energy and Accountability.
Innovate on a daily basis, by continuously improving ways of working and client relationships in a company nurturing human relationships. Think out of the box via joint ventures or partnerships & contribute to employee innovation campaigns.
Shape the future
Our ambition is to continue to power local & global capital markets to drive sustainable growth for our clients. You can play a key role in helping us achieve this ambition.Join Euronext
In a unique place to work
We are an agile, innovative and dynamic organisation with a strong people culture and ethos.
We take great pride in the heritage of our Exchanges while embracing the future.
Grow with an ambitious global player
Euronext has tripled in value since 2014 and has a strong track record of successful acquisitions and expansion. We now have employees spread across 11 European countries, the US and Asia.
Thrive in a high performing culture
where you can have an impact and challenge the status quo, both within and outside your team.
Be recognised and rewarded
for your performance and contribution, through new career opportunities, or attractive compensation packages and incentive schemes.
Join a vibrant internal culture
where we invest in employee well-being through our Wellnext program and develop CSR initiatives. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promote a work environment open to diversity in all its forms.
Grow in your career
Due to MIFID II regulation, effective since January 2018, the investor protection has been strengthened and the functioning of financial markets improved making them more efficient, resilient and transparent. One of the key aspects of MIFID II regulation consists also in the transparency of reporting done to the regulators. In this context, Euronext has a program to improve reporting for regulators.
The Risk and Compliance team act as a second line of defense and is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining adequate controls to identify and mitigate risks, and that Euronext's activities follow the rules and regulations and complies with the regulatory boundaries and jurisdictions. This covers Risk and Control, Compliance and Business Continuity functions within Euronext.
The role of Regulatory Reporting Officer will be reporting to and sponsored by the Head of Risk and Compliance during the creation and stabilization of this program and shall then report to the Head of European Market Services.
- As Regulatory Reporting Officer, you will be Accountable for the data provided to the regulators and the transversal process management of regulatory reporting and point of contact for competent authority queries. Ultimate oversight.
- All regulator reporting’s are considered as a product, using data coming from multiple systems (Matrix, Optiq, IDS, Saturn, ExStream). As Regulatory Reporting Officer, you will be accountable to work in strong partnerships of the various department producing data (Analytics, Corporate Actions, IT…) to ensure the service delivery.
- You will define on a functional level the type of reporting needed by regulator, in compliance with MIFID II and any applicable regulations. You will be responsible for the content of regulatory files and you will investigate data issues and correct data, as required, to ensure the various reporting’s to the regulators are complying with Euronext standards of quality, delivered in time, and answering legal needs.
- You will be responsible for the analysis and implementation of future regulatory requirements, liaising with all the relevant departments to ensure the proper processes are in place to meet the regulation specified.
- You will drive culture change to adapt to new processes related to regulatory reporting strategy.
The role of Regulatory Reporting Officer includes:
- Accountable for the data provided to the regulators and the transversal process management. Point of contact for competent authority queries. Ultimate oversight.
- Responsible for the content of regulatory files. Investigate data issues and correct data as required. Ownership for managing the service.
- Provide leadership to have a vision on planning, reporting on key issues
- Understand data flows, product design and software.
- Manage successful collaboration and interaction working with peers and relevant senior stakeholders across the enterprise to coordinate activities and contribute to the planning, development and operational delivery.
- Develop metrics and design schemes to sustain regulators requests, in respect to MIFID II and regulations applicable;
- Accountable to discuss with regulators and have an opinion on approach;
- Challenges ideas that he/she believes are incorrect
- Demanding, pragmatic when needed, flexible, adaptable and innovative in response to changing situations and demands
Tenacity and decision making including rejecting regulatory requests when appropriate
Euronext is looking at the following profile:
- Team player with ability to work effectively in a changing team environment that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility, teaming and cross group responsiveness
- Intimate knowledge with markets and order types
- Rigor and precision to produce high quality reporting
- Strong skills with data flows and process; ability to own specifications and test data with regulation support
- Tool leverage, access to BDM/IDS Authority to make changes
- Strong leadership skills; Challenges ideas that he/she believes are incorrect
- Demanding, pragmatic when needed, flexible, adaptable and innovative in response to changing situations and demands
- Ability to be synthetic and provide clear reports, good communication skills, skilled in translating ideas into clear communication, communicates openly; Excellent social/people skills required and team oriented
- Tenacity and decision making
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure the efficient coordination of the teams
- Ability to quickly master a subject and be able to challenge content & to quickly absorb new technology knowledge
- Excellent social/people skills required and team oriented
- Energetic and able to motivate
- Tenacity and decision making
- in depth knowledge of international markets, products and electronic trading environment
- grasp of current and future regulatory environment
Education & knowledge
- Master in Engineering is preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience in finance, capital markets
M&A / Corporate Development side
- Monitor upcoming deal opportunities and identify industry trends through a detailed screening process
- Produce memos and presentation supports in relations with live or prospective M&A processes
- Perform financial modelization
- Work with internal teams in Due Diligence processes
- Work with operational departments in the integration processes post-closing
Strategy / CEO office side
- Participate together with the Chief of Staff in various strategic projects
- Draft briefing materials for the top management for events or specific meetings
- Assist the Chief of Staff in the preparation of internal meetings
- Support the Group CEO and Chief of Staff on day-to-day business management topics
The ideal candidate
- Final or penultimate year student from a Tier 1 business or engineering school, with strong academic credentials.
- At least a first successful internship experience in Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting or equivalent experience (corporate finance, strategy etc.) within a corporate, and preferably a financial institution.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in French will be a plus.
- Good knowledge / interest in the financial industry.
- Interest in the technology industry.
- Strong command of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Fast learner, proactive behavior and entrepreneurial mindset.
Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone with a unique federal model across the Belgium, Dutch, French, Irish, Portuguese markets. Euronext also operates a UK-based regulated securities market.
Euronext brings together buyers and sellers in venues that are transparent, efficient and reliable, addressing the needs of all market participants: SMEs and blue chips, retail and institutional investors, buy-side and sell-side, brokers and market makers, long-only and high frequency traders.
Euronext provides a large range of products and services, services, platforms, technologies, and the deepest pool of liquidity in Europe around one core mandate: power pan-European capital markets to finance the real economy, as demonstrated by its leading position in the following segments:
The largest continental listing venue, with more than 1,300 issuers and a market cap of c.€3.9 in November 2018,
An unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 24 out of 50 companies of the Morningstar® Eurozone 50 Index℠,
The #1 cash market in continental Europe, with an average daily volume of €7.2 billion in Q3 2018,
The largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world, with more than 37,000 listed bonds and 5,600 funds, and major player in ETFs with 1,050 listings,
A diversified financial derivative franchise including stock options and futures, dividend contracts and equity index derivatives,
The leading commodities business in continental Europe for milling wheat, rapeseed and corn futures,
The calculation and management of more than 500 indices, ranging from national flagship indices (AEX®, BEL 20®, CAC 40®, ISEQ®, PSI 20®) to thematic, strategic and sectorial indices.
Euronext has recently expanded its footprint with a new corporate services suite and foreign exchange trading.
Euronext Market Services (EMS) is the front line for Euronext Cash, Derivatives and Commodities business
with two operational centers in Amsterdam and Paris to ensure fair and orderly markets for all Cash, Derivatives and Commodities products, including Corporate Actions, Euronext Indices, Euronext Market Data, Member on boarding and Hosted Commercial Markets.
The Cash Market Operations department manages and monitors the Equities, Fixed Income, ETFs and Warrants & Certificates markets, from 06:30-22:30 CET.
EMS is a preferred entry point for all talents willing to work in the Euronext or more broadly in the financial markets industry.
The Markets Analyst Apprentice is responsible for maintaining a fair and orderly market on all the relevant asset classes within the scope of the Euronext Market Surveillance department.
He monitors markets in real time and has to react efficiently to any market event using the tools at his disposal.
He contributes in the company’s projects and initiatives based on his experience and knowledge of the markets and the internal systems.
As Market Analyst you will:
· Ensure the existence of a fair and orderly market for Euronext Cash markets (Equities, Bonds, ETF’s and Warrants & Certificates) ;
· Monitor / Alert: prevent and detect market manipulations or illegal trading practices through efficient market surveillance and report all suspicious cases to Member Compliance ;
· Run the platforms & tools: perform start of day and end of day checks on production and test (EUA) environments as well as taking care of continuous monitoring of services ;
· Incident management: identify, alert to IT departments and follow-up until resolution ;
· Track resolution of bugs linked to incidents and provide views on priority level ;
· Execute key tests on the new releases: sanity checks, tests of selected end-to-end functionalities
· Business Acceptance / end user testing, prepare conformance test scripts, prepare operational readiness and participation to the Launch strategy ;
· Continuous improvement of the department’s procedures and processes.
Education & Knowledge
· Master’s level student in finance or engineering or Grandes Ecoles (management or engineering) .
· Finance majors are most suitable, thought other majors are welcome to candidate
A first experience in finance is appreciated
- · Rigor, curiosity and willingness to learn
- · Attention to detail while having the ability to see the big picture
- · Proactive and autonomous
- · Integrity and confidentiality are key requirements for this role
- · Strong verbal communication skills both in French and English
- · Good organizational skills and demonstrate a positive attitude when under pressure
- · Team player with ability to work in a virtual team across locations
- · Conceptual knowledge of most of the following areas: Trade Lifecycle, Exchanges, Cash & Derivatives products and Trading Procedures
- Learning capacities with basic IT knowledge
Euronext Market Services (EMS) is the front line for Euronext Cash, Derivatives and Commodities business with two operational centres in Amsterdam and Paris to ensure fair and orderly markets, including Market Surveillance, Corporate Actions, Euronext Indices, Euronext Market Data, Member on boarding and Hosted Commercial Markets. EMS staff and managers have access to all relevant EMS Cash and Derivatives business and technical monitoring tools, documentation and make use of integrated EMS tools and procedures across the two EMS locations. EMS operates daily from 06:30-22:30 CET.
The EMS Corporate Actions Department manages and coordinates the corporate actions on a global level with regards to all products listed on Euronext’s cash, derivatives, index and commodities markets.
The Euronext Market Services Corporate Action (EMS CA) team is responsible for the day-to-day handling of Corporate Actions end to end across Cash, Derivatives and Index asset classes. That includes
- Listings of new products / contracts,
- Data mining
- CA Analysis
- quality of referential,
- contract / price adjustment,
- Information to Market through Notices,
- operational coordination with post trading partners / infrastructure such as Clearnet & Euroclear.
In that respect, EMS CA is working closely with the EMS UA team to ensure a smooth execution of any type of Corporate Action in terms of trading impacts and member understanding. This multi-language and highly skilled team is based in Amsterdam and Paris and is the first point of contact for any query related to the different topics mentioned above.
The EMS Corporate Actions Department operates as a virtual team across locations in which similar activities are combined and specific product knowledge is maintained. Where possible common tooling is used to facilitate timely information and efficient corporate actions processing across all products. Staff is cross trained across Cash & Derivatives CA activities for increased awareness and coordination within the team in CA activities across the products and to ensure continuity.
Corporate Actions Operations
Cash Corporate Actions Trainee is responsible for several of below activities:
1. Ensure the right treatment of a given Corporate Action:
- Collects, reviews/understands required legal and offer/contract documentation
- Populates the tool used to communicate a Corporate Action the relevant parameters
- Guarantees the listing of bonds, ETF and structured products
- Provide supports to customers/ issuers implementing their corporate actions
- Guaranty an adequate operational coordination with post trading partners such as Clearnet, Euroclear & Interbolsa
- Coordinates with the different internal stakeholders Listing, Product Management, Legal, Compliance etc where necessary.
2. Communicate adequately to the market:
- Provides clients with information on the corporate actions and corporate actions updates by disseminating a Euronext notice
- Prepares, validates Euronext Notices to inform market participants of a CA operations
3. Referential updates:
- Updates instruments characteristics on the referential (MATRIX) and trading platforms (UTP)
4. Global assignment: continuous improvement:
- improving the various existing operational processes related to the different CA streams Equities, ETP / ETFs, , as part of the continuous improvement principle, by implementing
o advanced macros based spreadsheet,
o advanced macros based reporting,
o advanced data-mining tool enabling to capture / screening information from Data vendors and providers
o streamlined / optimized workflows
Each Officer Corporate Actions:
- Has good knowledge of Cash/Listing, Derivatives and Index CA operations
- Is aware of main developments /issues/events in the market and how these (can) result in a Corporate Action
- Assist in adapting CA operational procedures in light of additional CA types, new products and new tools
- Convenes and participates in consultative meetings on corporate actions
- Ensures that the adjustment for a Corporate Actions is performed in accordance with the Rules and CA Policy
- In projects takes part in business acceptance tests of new/updated functionality
- Is part of a virtual CA team and reports to the Manager CA for Cash & Derivatives & Index
Actually with the exponential growth and use of data (Big Data), governance and metadata management are essential to assure knowledge and data quality in regard to data elements.
Euronext is seeking a Data Steward Trainee - Master data management to be part of team in designing, developing, and deploying the data governance framework, to manage the content and metadata of data elements. He/She will assist on the full cycle of data governance / MDM processes related to the creation, maintenance, and quality of data across Euronext data assets.
- Assist on the execution of data governance strategies.
- Support the build of the Data Dictionary of Big Data platforms;
- Apply data standards and guidelines as established within the data governance framework to drive consistency in data definitions, sources, data usage and quality.
- Be part of the execution of data quality strategies, namely on processes to continuously monitor data quality and to proactively detect, correct and prevent invalid data; develop and maintain data stewardship procedures and documentation.
- Participate in mapping business data needs to appropriate sources of data.
Knowledge, skills and experience reqquired
- MSC in Computer Science;
- Knowledge of data modelling, dimensional modelling, data structures, SQL;
- Communication and relationship skills;
- Analytical and quantitative problem solving ability;
Euronext is seeking to hire a Lawyer to work in-house to support the Euronext group with primary responsibilities to support the legal functions including but not limited to contract drafting and negotiation, drafting and filing organisational and Board documents, and providing general support to the Head of Legal. The lawyer will also bring assistance as regards corporate law impacts to the new initiatives being launched.
Main Targets and Responsibilities
As a Legal Counsel you will be:
• Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts such as client/user, vendor/procurement, and non-disclosure agreements
• Ensuring that the functioning of the Board of Directors of the (French) entities in the Euronext group complies with the applicable legislation, regulations, corporate governance codes, the company’s articles of association and the rules and regulations issued pursuant thereto
• M&A legal support
• Identify items that need to be approved by the Board of Directors of the company
• Providing practical legal advice and support on business matters
• Working with and advising business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions
Euronext is looking at the following profile:
• At least 6+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house department
• Experience on corporate law matters
• Financial services experience helpful
• Experience drafting, negotiating and managing a wide range of commercial transactions
• Able to confidently research legal issues, interpret information and present summary of findings
Our values shape our behaviour and define who we are, principles that are a reflection of us. Our values were defined by our employees as the behaviours everyone at Euronext strives to live and work by.
Flavia Natario Da Silva
They say it best...
Flavia joined the Porto Technology Centre in 2016 as a Product Support Analyst before contributing to the development of our Optiq trading platform. She now designs new functionalities that address our clients’ needs while anticipating quality assurance (QA) impacts.
Commercial Manager – Real Time Market Data
Within Euronext’s real-time market data business, Shelley started as an analyst before moving to policy making and is now responsible for all commercial and regulatory projects.
Learn more about Euronext
Environmental, Social and Governance
A responsible member of each community we operate in.